Be prepared for a major shift in paradigms! This is a gardening course, and so much more. Students have called it "life changing" - because once we truly understand the connection between soil health, plant health, human health and environmental health we look at the world with different eyes.
This is our core course. It's intense - challenging - inspiring, and taking the country by storm!
You will get the same comprehensive, professional curriculum as the Organic Horticulture Specialist course, but discussions will generally reflect the interests of a more mixed audience including home gardeners, budding farmers and landscape professionals. Depending on registrations, we may combine students from both courses to keep class sizes manageable!
- Learn to create fabulous food and ornamental gardens without pesticides and other harmful chemicals
- Become involved with SOUL (Society for Organic Urban Land Care) and share your knowledge with your community through workshops, talks and other creative ways
- Gain essential skills to start or enhance your own business in the rapidly growing organic land care industry
- Prepare to write the SOUL Organic Accreditation exam for land care professionals
- Earn generous Continuing Education Credits to maintain your industry certifications (ISA, CNLA, BCSLA, NALP, MGOI, IPM, NOFA, SOUL)
This course integrates reading, quizzes and discussions with practical, hands-on assignments. Everyone is welcome, no previous experience is required.
To receive a Certificate of Completion students must contribute to all on-line discussions and satisfactorily complete all assignments and quizzes.
Read the Course Outline
If you have any questions about studying online with Gaia College please see our FAQs page.
Organic Master Gardener ®is a registered trademark of Gaia College.
Just have to say this course is such a priceless contribution to us and our planet. I feel privileged to be taking it, absorbing like a sponge, revelling in what confirms and supports. Many thanks, Carol McIntyre